We are proud to introduce the Northgate Shingle by CertainTeed. It’s the shingle your insurance company wants you to have! So…. why is this shingle one of the best on the market? The biggest reason is the Northgate shingle has a Class 4 Impact/Hail rating. This is the highest rating possible! Most insurance companies offer a discount when you tell them you had these put on your roof.
Other reasons to make the Northgate your favorite shingle are:
- Better gradual retention. This is critical to protect the asphalt against UV breakdown. Once your granules fall off, your shingle will fail.
- Higher tear strength compared to standard shingles. This means the shingles can stand up against very strong winds
- Has stronger nail pull through resistance- AKA if your installer has the pressure too high on the nail gun, the nail head could go all the way through your shingle.
- This shingle has been modified to resist cracking and shrinking in both hot and cold temperatures. Your roofers can install in zero degree weather without having shingle shrinkage issues.
- The Northgate shingle still qualifies for the 50 year non-prorated Unconditional Roof warranty Carlson Exteriors offers for free.