The results are in! Our clients have voted and said their favorite thing about us is that we actually call them back. It’s a small thing; but when communication is missing you, the customer, are left wondering if you were forgotten.
When you first call us, here is what you should expect:
- Your call will be returned by the next business day (if not sooner).
- We will take your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address.
- You will get the name of your dedicated Project Manager. Click here to Meet our Project Managers.
When you need an estimate, here is what you should expect:
- Your dedicated Project Manager will call you directly and make an appointment with you.
- Shortly after you meet with your dedicated Project Manager, you will be emailed your estimate.
- Your estimate will be your final number. There will be no surprise add-ons or charges.
- There will be absolutely no sales pressure, no hassles, and no gimmicks.
- We encourage you to get other estimates to compare our standards, our morals, and our business model.
When you choose Carlson Exteriors Inc as your contractor, here is what you should expect:
- Absolutely no money required up front. We only get paid when we have completed the work.
- Any questions you may have, answered within 24 hrs.
- Direct contact with your dedicated Project Manager – no middle man.
- Prior to any work being scheduled, you will be contacted to schedule a date and estimated arrival time.
- Depending on the size of your job, a dumpster may be placed in your driveway from 1 day prior to work until 1 day after work has been completed.
- A Carlson Exteriors sign will be placed in your yard.
- If we are replacing your siding or your roofing we will send you a copy of our insurance with you listed as an additional insured.
- We will not ask you to get the permit for any work to be done on your property. That’s our job.
- Everyone working for Carlson Exteriors will treat you and your neighbors with the utmost respect.
- We will treat your property like it’s our property.
- Our crew will work full days. They will not randomly disappear during the middle of the job. They will only leave if pending weather causes an unsafe working environment.
- The crew will have a Foreman, that can answer any immediate questions you may have. Click here to Meet our Foreman.
- The crew will completely clean up any leftover debris.
- An invoice will be e-mailed to you and a hard copy of the invoice will be mailed to you.
- If you received an Unconditional Roof, your 50yr non prorated warranty certificate will be mailed to you within 2-3 weeks upon roof completion.
Have you experienced any recent hail or storm damage? Be weary of any PUSHY door-to-door salespeople. Look for the 4 following red flags:
- If they ask you to sign a “waiver” to inspect your roof. Usually they disguise this waiver as a documentation that you allowed them to inspect your roof. Hidden in the fine print is a clause stating you have to use them as your contractor if there is hail damage. Preserve your right to research and select the contractor you are comfortable with by not signing any forms.
- No local, physical office. Without a local office it could mean they are “storm chasers” which is an industry term to describe a contractor who travels the nation following storms. When they leave town it will be difficult to get them to return for any warranty work such as leaks. A physical office is tangible proof that the contractor is stable, invested in their business, and is more likely to be running a proper company (actually paying their taxes). Ideally you want a contractor with a physical, local office.
- No Proper License held in their name. Illinois requires all roofing contractors to have a license. You want to be able to look at the license and make sure it’s in your contractors name and that they aren’t sharing a license with another company. Yes – that happens!
- Labor and Material Warranty. Every legitimate contractor should provide you with at least a 1 year labor warranty; Carlson Exterior’s provides a 3 year labor warranty. You also want to know you have an iron-clad material warranty. These 2 warranties ensures your contractor won’t vanish after the repair or replacement.
Curious about our services? Click any of the links below to learn more about what we offer.